The Massachusetts Special Education Regulations require that each Massachusetts school district establish a volunteer parent advisory council. The Mission of MHD SEPAC is to offer families and friends of special education students in the community a resource for networking and the exchange of ideas and to work collaboratively with teachers and administration in the development of special education programming and policy within the Marblehead public school district.
A detailed description of the Special Educations regulations can be found at: www.doe.mass.edu/sped
MHD SEPAC works to:
• Promote better understanding and a positive working alliance between parents / guardians and school officials.
• To work with school and district officials and the Marblehead School Committee to review, evaluate, and recommend policies, procedures and resources related to the planning, development and evaluation of services for students with disabilities
• Promote communication between MHDSEPAC members, local, State and National organizations, councils and groups.
• Provide informational forums to parents, educators, students and professionals.
• Promote communication and awareness within the community to encourage understanding, acceptance and inclusion.
Kate Bailey, Co- Chair
Scott Solberg, Co-Chair